AQUA Fe-Mn Filter
Our AQUA FeMn iron/manganese filer produces high quality water free of iron/manganese to suit any household, commercial and industrial application. Mostly, our system uses Birm as a specialty media which oxidizes soluble ferrous to insoluble ions. These insoluble ions are then retained on the birm filter media bed. After a preset time, the system is backwashed to push out all insoluble iron to the drain and the system is put back into use. Different type of other media are also available and recommended based on water quality especially containing water bacteria and H2S.
Usually standard systems are supplied with an automatic control valve. AQUA-FeMn systems offer a new dimension in water treatment equipment and have been engineered with both the installer and consumer in mind. Systems are available in many different models and may be customized to fit your application allowing greater flexibility in order to achieve the necessary water quality.
Water that is clear when drawn but changes quickly to a yellow or rusty color upon standing indicates presence of ferrous or clear water iron. Iron is found in water in two different forms i.e., soluble, chelated. Iron in its ferrous state is very soluble in water. This iron has not yet been exposed to oxygen and therefore is not “rusted” or oxidized, is totally dissolved in water. However, when exposed to air, it is oxidizes and convert to insoluble ferric form which gives yellow brown colour in water and forms staining color on the surface of sinks, toilets, showers and other plumbing fixtures.
Iron may also be present in water in combination with organic matter. Many natural and man-made organic compounds will react, particularly with ferrous iron, to form heavily colored compounds which can cause severe staining. Water may also produce stains by the action of iron bacteria (living organisms), which feed on iron in water, iron pipes and fittings. They pose no health risk but can be very damaging to the plumbing system. These bacteria form a reddish-brown slime, which may clog pipes and fixtures.
Iron may be found alone or associated with manganese, H2S and hardness which collectively increases the severity of the problem.
Manganese is very similar to iron in its properties. In fact, they both often occur together with manganese composing a small part of the combination. Manganese can occur in a clear water state, later turning to a colored water state. There are also manganese bacteria which are similar to iron bacteria. Manganese staining does often appear to be darker than iron staining (sometimes black). The distinction between iron and manganese is usually not that important because most methods which successfully treat iron will also treat manganese.
In many cases and applications, Aqua-FeMn automatic backwash Iron filters showed more sense due to the following advantages:
- Simple and efficient
- Crystal clear water
- No more stains
- No more rusty taste or bad colour
- Protect your system for scale and rust buildup
- No hazardous waste or regeneration effluent
- Simple design for ease of operation, setting & service.
AQUA-FeMn Iron filters can be used in a variety of residential, commercial, industrial and specialty applications.
- Car Wash Final Rinse
- Reverse osmosis pre-treatment
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Cosmetics manufacturing plants
- Photographic Processes
- Beverage Processing Plants
- Pressure cleaning
- Textiles and dyeing
- High flow capacity systems also available 0-200 m3/hr
- Corrosion resistant tanks, internals and piping
- Available in varying sizes and configurations
- Simple design for ease of operation setting and service
- Can be configures as simplex, duplex triplex, Quadruple etc to match your flow requirements
- Comes with suitable size silica sand/quartz sand media
- Various control mode such as manual, semi-automatic, automatic available
- Individual valve nest /Multiport valve options available
- Automatic backwash flow controllers insuring proper backwash regardless of inlet water pressure
- Can be coupled with any other pre-post water treatment system
- Other media options such as Antracite, Birm, Calcite, Catalox, KDF, Corosex, Filter AG, Granular Activated Carbon, Manga-nese Greensand, arsenic removal
- Comes with inlet water and outlet pressure gauges
- Easy to install and operate
- Low power requirements
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Spares available
|Service Flow Rate
|Inlet/Outlet pipe size
|0.75″||9″ x 44″||45||
|1.00″||13″ x 54″||90||
|1.00″||15″ x 65″||120||
|1.00″||18″ x 65″||150||
|1.5″||21″ x 62″||180||
|1.5″||24″ x 65″||200||
|2.0″||30″ x 72″||250||